Budget Heat - El Pato Jalapeño Hot Sauce

Here's a sauce with more emphasis on flavor than heat.

For my wife and I, El Pato Jalapeño Hot Sauce (or simply "Pato Sauce" as we call it around the house) sits alongside Huy Fong Sriracha as our favorite day-to-day hot sauce.  We can usually get it at Stater Bros. (a Southern California grocery chain) for $1 flat, so we can always afford to have it on hand.

It has a zesty, bright, fresh flavor that really honors the jalapeños, combined with a mild, pleasant heat.  I think of it as a "taco sauce-style" sauce, so of course we slather it liberally on those whenever we make them.  But it's also really great on eggs.  And, as always, I'm a savage, so it'll go in soups or on pasta or mac and cheese, etc.

My wife is not as much of a hot, spicy junkie as I am, but she has no hesitation reaching for this sauce.

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment